Senior information technology professional with 20 years experience encompassing all facets of:
|IT Planning and Development||New Business Development|
|Risk Assessment and Management||Profit and Loss Management|
|Organizational Development||Application Development|
|Program Management||IT Architecture Analysis and Design|
|Business Process Reengineering||E-Commerce and Web Solutions|
Fast track professional successful in the design, development, and deployment of technology strategies and policy. Experienced leading IT, operations, and administrative teams through all phases of large-scale technology rollouts including cost and risk analysis, planning, vendor selection, acquisition and integration. Proven track record of translating broad strategies into specific objectives and successfully translating these objectives into action. Instrumental in the executive direction of software application design and development, IT operations and support, and IT consulting to corporate, scientific, educational, and government client organizations.
Teconic, Inc., Rutland, Vermont 2001 – Present
Teconic is an IT assessment and management group offering a unique suite of IT management services created specifically to address the needs of small to midsize business in northern New England. Teconic provides solutions to clients seeking the greatest possible return on their IT investments by offering unbiased recommendations and expert solutions — in plain language anyone can understand. Teconic is currently supporting multiple clients, including a national property services management company, serving as the acting VP of Information Technology and CIO.
Central Vermont Public Service Corporation, Rutland, Vermont 1998 - 2001
Assistant Vice President of Business Services and CIO / CTO
· Provided IT strategic planning and executive direction of the IS support services delivery, software application development, LAN/WAN support, telecommunications, wireless services, web, and e-commerce solutions for multiple corporate SBUs and affiliated businesses. Managed a staff of 75 with an O&M budget of $11 million.
· Created a five-year business plan and led the IT organization in an IT outsourcing service offering providing a wide range of IT support and application development services to an affiliated startup business. Generated $1.5 million in revenue during the first year of operation.
· Successfully completed a corporate legacy system migration from multiple IBM mainframe applications to an integrated data warehouse utilizing thin client and Web-based technologies, saving $700,000 in O&M costs.
· Created and implemented a software application development methodology, resulting in a full-lifecycle project template for every major application development project, improving accountability and customer satisfaction.
· Created a strategy leveraging thin-client web-based technologies and low cost telecommunication services to provide a fully functioning integrated Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application and a full-featured Windows desktop to all 200 offices nationwide.
· Instituted an IT Program Management Office (PMO) to promote best practices in project management and manage the corporate project portfolio, achieving greatly improved business / IT alignment.
· Developed and implemented a comprehensive five-year IT strategy to ensure IT control and compatibility, successfully support IT standards, and maximize the business benefit of corporate IT investments.
Booz, Allen & Hamilton, Inc., McLean, Virginia 1989 - 1998
Senior Associate and IT Management Practice Leader
Created the Systems Technology Management Practice (STMP) within Booz, Allen to provide systems consulting, systems integration, application development, and IT support services to government and industry, concentrating on the management of complex distributed information systems. Grew business from zero to 65 people with 8 direct reports and generated over $5,000,000 in revenue in 1997, a 40% increase over the previous year. Major accomplishments:
· Successfully served as Program Manager of a $65,000,000, seven-year system integration and support service contract for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Contract performance and customer satisfaction increased significantly under this direction.
· Secured and retained a diversified client base. Primarily supported government regulatory agencies as well as several commercial IT consulting clients. These clients included:
· The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
· The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
· The Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation (PBGC)
· The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
· A major health insurance carrier.
· Recruited and developed over 100 IT professionals. A low staff turnover rate and high diversity goals were among the best in the firm, saving the company tens of thousands of dollars per year in recruiting costs and retaining a high quality, motivated, highly skilled work force.
New Century Energies, Denver, Colorado, NETWORK MANAGER / BUSINESS ANALYST, 1985 - 1989--Developed and implemented the corporate-wide network architecture and PC support strategies.
Geo-Search Corporation, Denver, Colorado, GEOPHYSICIST, 1981 - 1985--Successfully analyzed and developed speculative geophysical data interpretation projects for sale to major oil exploration companies.
Phillips Petroleum Company, Houston, Texas, GEOPHYSICAL DATABASE MANAGER, 1979 - 1981--Managed a staff of four providing digitized geophysical data entry, analysis, and management of an IBM mainframe-based database used in domestic oil exploration projects.
University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
M.S., Technology Management, 1996.
Stockton State College, Pomona, New Jersey
B.S., Geology/Marine Science, 1976.
· “Understanding the Productivity Paradox of Information Technology Investments”, 1996.
· Numerous publications on technology management, IT strategies, e-commerce, etc.
· Rutland Regional Medical Center IT Steering Committee.